It should be no surprise that there are costs for many of the ExL trips and outings. During the school year a variety of fundraisers are available to help offset the individual expenses. Pasta Feed and Silent Auction, Candy Sale, Halloween Dance are some examples of our fundraisers. Some students raise the entire year’s expenses through these fundraisers.
Since the founding of ExL in 1995, students have participated in some memorable learning expeditions. Many of these are now annual events; others have evolved into new trips and adventures. In some cases, availability of a particular facility will determine when, or even if a trip will take place. New destinations are added during the school year as the curriculum continually integrates the interests of the students.
See’s Candies Sales (Year-round): This is probably the best way for your student to raise individual funds!
- If you are interested please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Halloween Dance (October): This is always an entertaining and successful fundraiser. This money is used for the Yosemite Expedition.
- Contact: Jessica Roth and Deena Stalder are the coordinators. They’ll be sending out emails requesting help with the event.
Pasta Feed/Talent Show/Silent Auction (March): This popular event keeps getting better every year. This money typically goes toward the costs of the spring expeditions.
- Contact: Helene Efron is the coordinator. Look out for invitations to join the various committees starting in January/February.
Human Race (May): We end the year with this great event. Each grade selects a charity/non-profit agency to raise money on their behalf. All proceeds go to each charity/non-profit. The students look forward to this event, and many say it’s the best. They enjoy selecting and working towards raising money for a good cause.
- If you are interested in taking over this event next year, please contact email@example.com
Fireworks Booth (July): This is an ExLPA event and has been our most successful fundraiser for the year and occurs during the week proceeding Fourth of July. Many volunteers are needed operate the booth and planning begins many months in advance. Part of our responsibility with the sale is to clean up a city park.
- Contact: Bradley Droubay. Bradley will be sending out emails in May/June requesting assistance with the booth and booth duty.